These resources are provided by our members, affiliates, business partners, and sponsors. Please do your research to make sure these opportunities haven't expired for the following year when applications are due.
Uber and Visa Announce Grants For Growth Program, Providing $1 Million in Grants and Resources to Support Small Businesses
SAN FRANCISCO, Jan. 10, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- Uber (NYSE:UBER) and Visa (NYSE:V) today announced Grants for Growth, a program that will provide $1 million in grant funding to small businesses in 10 U.S. cities that are currently active on Uber Eats. The program will be administered by Local Initiatives Support Corporation (LISC). Focused on restaurant recovery and entrepreneurship, the program was created to support merchants when they need it most.
Restaurants active on Uber Eats since January 1, 2022 in Atlanta, Chicago, Los Angeles, Washington DC, Miami, Detroit, the NYC metro/New Jersey area, the San Francisco Bay Area, Philadelphia, and Boston are eligible to apply for the program. Grant recipients will be independently selected by LISC, using criteria to give preference to veteran, minority, women, and LGBTQIA+ business owners. For a complete list of eligibility criteria visit lisc.org/uber.
Relief for today. Resources for tomorrow.
Apply for a grant to receive assistance
Uber Eats and Visa are introducing Grants for Growth, a new grant program that provides $1 million in grants to small businesses that have been impacted by COVID, hurricanes, natural disasters and other unexpected events. Through the program, we’ll provide $10,000 grants to 100 Uber Eats member restaurants in need in ten key markets: Boston, Philadelphia, Bay Area, NYC Metro/New Jersey, Los Angeles, Miami, Washington DC, Chicago, Atlanta and Detroit. LISC will administer the selection and distribution of grants.
Given the hurdles that restaurants have gone through over the past 18 months through the many unanticipated events, we’re committed to providing support to small business restaurants to advance their economic growth and empowerment.
What we’re offering
If your restaurant has been affected, kick start the new year by applying for a $10,000 grant to support expenses such as:
- Vendor payments
- Rent and utilities
- Upgrading technology infrastructure
Application opens January 17th
Applying is quick and easy. Beginning on January 10th, restaurants can register to be notified when applications open on January 17th.
From there, restaurant owners will need to complete a short application (less than 1 hour of their time) by January 24th.
Who is eligible to apply?
- Restaurants or food entrepreneurs not affiliated with a national brand, with fewer than five locations.
- A grant recipient must be an active Uber Eats partner as of January 2022 (verified by Uber).
- Must have 50 or fewer employees per location.
- Must have annual gross revenues in 2019 of less than $3 million per location.
- LISC will give weighted preference for women-owned, veteran-owned, LGTBQIA, and BIPOC-owned enterprises.
- Restaurants in the following markets: Boston, Philadelphia, Bay Area, NYC Metro/New Jersey, Los Angeles, Miami, Washington DC, Chicago, Atlanta and Detroit.
- January 10th: website will open for restaurants to register to apply.
- January 17-24th: grant applications open through website.
- February 15th to May 31st: grantee selection and payment process.