The HEY PAPI PROMOTIONS Network !

A Christian Social Media Networking Website for Everyone !!

Inspirational Message: Death and Life is in the Power of the Tongue

Death and Life is in the Power of the Tongue
Proverbs 18:21-22 The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit.

The Tongue can build up somebody or tear them down.
If you love to lie, you will bear the fruit of a lie (digestion or you will become it).
Taming The Tongue

James 3:1-12 (Summary)
If you are in a teaching or leadership role, how are affecting those you lead?
What you say and what you DON'T say are both important.
Proper speech is not only saying the right words at the right time, but it is also controlling your desire to say what you shouldn't.

Example of an Untamed Tongue include gossiping, putting others down, bragging, manipulating, false teaching, exaggerating, complaining, flattering, and lying.
Before you speak, ask, "Is what I want to say true? Is it necessary? Is it kind?"

ONE DAY YOU WILL HAVE TO GIVE ACCOUNT FOR WHAT YOU SAY !!!

James 3:2 We all stumble in many ways. Anyone who is never at fault in what they say is perfect, able to keep their whole body in check.

Mathew 12:34-26 (Summary) Jesus reminds us that what we say reveals what is in our hearts. What kinds of words come from your mouth? That is an indication of what your heart is really like. You can't solve your heart problem, however, just by cleaning up your speech. You must allow the Holy Spirit to fill you with New Attitudes and Motives; then your speech will be cleaned at its source.

Views: 653

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello Shawn.  Good message! It was timely.  It is so important to be careful that what we say can affect others very deeply.  Thanks for the reminder.

-- Simone

Hey Papi,

This was such a confirming word. Proverbs 18:20-21are my hallmark scriptures for my business and life. I have also been meditating James 3:2-12 regarding the tongue.  I am extremely cognizant to speak life to and over others as well as myself. I also encourage other people to guard what they say even in jesting because words are spiritual and will still produce fruit accordingly. I always think what would I want someone to say or pray regarding me before I speak.  If someone speaks words to me that are negative or contrary to what I believe, I correct them and explain why.  One of the biggest lies that we recited in our childhood was "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me". Not only can words hurt, they can kill. They can wound a heart to the point of grief and despair. That is what an aspect of bullying is and we have seen young people take their lives over hurtful, malicious words.  Thank God, Jesus came to heal the broken hearted and has given us the power of our tongue to speak life, health, and strength over our lives. Thanks for sharing.

RSS

Network 2017 Business & Partner Sponsors

Sheila Stewart Memorial

http://heypapipromotions.com/groups/SheilaStewart

Fun, inter-generational, cross cultural, quality entertainment & recreation - on roller skates! Visit www.rollowayproductions.com

Support & Donate at www.stjude.org

Gospel Go-Go & Rap Artist Sensation Available for Bookings visit
www.demonkilla.com

Divine Beginnings, LLC - a Christian-themed clothing and products line for infants, toddlers and small children. Visit www.divinebeginnings.com

KeeSpirit, LLC creates opportunities and inspires dreams for all that aim to impact the communities for which they serve. Visit www.keespirit.com

Our Sponsors & Supporters

of Laurel, Maryland

-------------------------------

http://gopministries.org

ADVERTISE YOUR SERVICES OR BECOME A SPONSOR?

$3.99 .COM and Free Private Registration from GoDaddy.com! - 300x250

NEED A PLACE TO HAVE YOUR NEXT EVENT!

SEE OUR SPONSORED VENUES.

iTunes Canada

Start a website with a $7.99 .COM domain from GoDaddy!

Autism Speaks

Free Day Coupon

Meet Christian Singles - Free Trial!

LinkShare_180x150

© 2017   Created by Mr. Shawn Papi.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service